Monday, September 26, 2011

Treatment #7

 I had my 7th treatment on Sept. 13th!!! I'm getting so close to being done! It's so close, but so far away still.
This time around was pretty rough. I went in to treatment with a little cold and it knocked me down pretty hard. I was sick the whole time. And my bad day, was really bad, and even the next day I was pretty sick. So I had 5 sick days this time. Not fun at all!
A friend from work came to watch movies with me and take me home. We started out watching Yes Man and then watched part of the Hangover. I was super tired in the infusion room this time. Probably cause I was already sick and those drugs are killing both good and bad cells. So there you have it :-p
The neuropathy was awful this time. I literally couldn't walk. I couldn't even touch my feet without crying. I had to walk on the heels of my feet and had a hard time even doing that. I'm so ready to be done, my feet (even on my good weeks) tingle (spelling?) and are numb all the time. My fingers aren't as bad, but still do that most days. Sometimes my fingers are so bad, I can't put them in the bath tub water.
I had yucky sores in my mouth this time too. Mostly in the corners of my mouth.
I have my number 8 treatment tomorrow and I'm already so nervous to go in. I'm ready to be done, move on with life and serve/help others. I was living my life before all this happened, kind of waiting for life to happen...man I shouldn't have done that, now I have cancer. I can't wait to go back to life. Sometimes I wonder if this is Heavenly Father saying, you should be more greatful for life and serve others. (Ok not really). Man will I ever though!
I cry alot a night in bed, just ready to be done. It's a nightmare I can't wake up from.
It's rough. A week being sick, and then a week feeling better and gaining strength & weight just to lose it all the following week.
Life is still good though. I am very lucky to have what I have, and still able to do things while having cancer and treatments. The weather is amazing right now and I have a great husband who works very hard and takes care of me when I'm on my death bed :-)
Thanks for all the love and support we get daily from family, friends and from the ward! We're so lucky!

3 comments:

Aimee said...

You are amazing. That is all I can say!

marie said...

Hang in there. You have so many people that are praying for you and care about you. You are so amazing and such an inspiration to me!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this.

I met a guy that creates supplements and I thought of you. I'm not sure what you can take during your treatments, but it may be worth a look? His website is www.divinenature.com and it's amazing what he can do.

I know I sound like some weird stalker, but I found you through my sister in law and just wanted to share a good thing.