Friday, November 4, 2011

You have all made the difference to us

So I know I haven’t been the most faithful of blog writers (I think the correct term is blogger, but that sounds way to serious for my few entries) but I promise I read everyone’s comments and it means so much to me and mostly Jillyn to just say hello or good job, keep it up or that we all love her. So keep them coming; they are a great little pick me up during the week. With all that said Jillyn, I love you, you’re so strong and amazing to go through all this and stay so positive. It is amazing. For those who haven’t heard or read I underwent shoulder surgery a few weeks ago and turned into a worthless, one armed turd, except for I'm able to whine more effectively.
           
 Needless to say I haven’t made Jillyn’s life easier over the last few weeks but her amazing ability to multitask and care for others before her own needs has blown my minds once again. That great help from friends, family, and ward members have made this easier for me.
           
 I’m so grateful for all the love, support, help, and to be honest funds, the help has humbled me beyond words. I cannot express how grateful I am for everyone that has given. It has made all the bills and just putting food on the table much less of a stress and that very much includes Jillyn’s aunts and uncles who have helped provide a home for us to live in. I can’t count the blessings that have lined up just when we need it or someone steps up with a message or wanting to do something just in the nick of time. It has firmed my beliefs and made me look for more opportunities to serve those in need (when we can). I’m so grateful for my Aunt Kathy who has been fighting cancer for 5 long years and who is going into surgery once again tomorrow (Friday the 4th). She has been such an inspiration and helped in so many ways throughout Jillyn’s journey. I have felt for a while how I need and want to express my love and gratitude to all those who have helped us. I know I can't name everyone but no matter how big or small it makes a difference. Thank you all so much.
           
With that said I’m asking for a little more help, Jillyn and I had a few random, “Good Samaritan”, strangers come to us and offer an opportunity that could help us and also others in the same situation. On Wednesday the 9th we are having a concert benefit for Jillyn. Fergie Frederiksen (formerly of Toto; you know the song “Africa”) and special guest Abraxas (one of the best Santana tribute bands ever!) will be jamming all night for Jillyn. It will take place Wednesday November 9th at Club 90 at in Sandy. Tickets are $20 in advance and $25 at the door. Call or text me (Brandon) if you have any interest or questions  801-362-9285 (Even if you can only help by getting the word out). It’s going to be a great night, sadly Jillyn will be in AZ for her sisters wedding but I’ll be there one armed and all. Thanks again to everyone for all the love and help. We love and pray for you all.
            With much hope and love,
            ~Brandon

1 comment:

Heather (Boulter) Walden said...

I am so sad I didn't read this last week. I would loved to have come to show my support at the concert. Brandon - I've never met you, but I hope to one day soon! You are both inspiring to me and my family and we pray for you guys often!!!