Thursday, August 25, 2011

treatment #5

Almost half way!!!
Here we are once again waiting at the clinic for my 5th treatment. Nervous and scared as always. But I got me a Brandon....best thing to have...ever!
yeah I don't know what's going on here. Bored I guess :-)
Showin off #5
The infusion rooms are so dang cold! And on top of that, I'm being infused with cold fluids & drugs....how unfair is that, don't you think they could turn the heat up puh-lease! Us neuropathy patients can't do the cold anymore!
Treatment 5 was actually ok this time....may be due to the fact that they lowered my oxaliplatin 50%. My symptoms at treatment 5 were as bad as most are at treatment 9. Thank heaven they lowered it! I was going blind. So it wasn't too bad this time! Hallelujah!!! My hair continues to fall out. I'm going to have a culdesac hair due soon! Time to shave it off :-) jk....for now. My nails are cracking really bad, and my skin is peeling like crazy around my nails and in the creases. That's ok though, I guess...I'd rather that happen than be blind.
My appetite has been all over the place. One week I crave pasta, next it's grilled cheese, next is mcdonalds cheese burgers, next it's bagels with cream cheese, next it's quesadilla. I just can't keep up with it. Still trying to do my protein drinks at night before bed to try and gain weight. I was actually able to drink cold water last night and it was so good! I haven't been able to do that in forever! I'm gonna get so used to drinking room temp drinks, after chemo I won't know what to do with myself...I'm probably gonna go crazy and have jamba juice daily or taco bell's frozen drinks (oh I miss those).
 I don't sleep good on chemo weeks, but I do ok on my good weeks.
Work has been good, so nice to get out and feel normal. Although RSV season is coming...time for a mask :-p
My mom & dad are coming over labor day weekend and I can't wait!!! We'll be heading to Idaho for my Grandpa's (dad's dad) 100th (?) birthday party! I'm so excited to see the other side of the family! I haven't seen pretty much all of them since I was diagnosed. I can't wait to hug my old teddy bear grandpa! He's the greatest man ever!
I don't really know what else to say about chemo...just blabbin now. If anyone wants to come hang on my bad days Wed & Thurs this week, I would love the company! Takes my mind off of feeling terrible. Plus you get to just chill and watch TV or read a book or whatever...relax. Maybe get me a drink or yogurt. It's pretty easy babysitting me :-)
Thanks for everyone's love and support we truly appreciate everything! We have the best family and friends!

2 comments:

Aimee said...

i dig the haircut and am anxiously awaiting more story to the photos

Terin said...

Is it weird that I really want to babysit you?! Best babysitting job ever! I wish I could be there with you Jillyn. You know I would be there every single day. I luf you!