Saturday, September 10, 2011

Treatment #6 HALFWAY!!!

I can't believe I'm half way!  I had my 6th treatment on August 29th....(my sister Toree's 17th birthday)
Erica came again and we watched She's the man. A must see if you haven't seen it yet. It's hilarious!
 my fans!
 my halfway dance!!!


Neuropathy is a doosy. I have to wear socks and gloves all the time, my feet always feel weird and tingly, sometimes I feel like they're gonna give out from under me and down I'll go.
I don't know if this is Neuropathy or a different side effect, but both toes are peeling like this, and all around my thumb nails and some other fingers. It's pretty painful.

I'm halfway!!! It still doesn't feel like I'm halfway though. I think it'll be more real once I'm 2 away from being done. I hate going to the clinic, it reminds me of being sick and being stabbed in the portacath. Ew. I also can't stand the bathroom soap smell...it smells like bandaids! And it's always freezing in there! Ok, enough whining.
My appetite has been pretty decent...except on my 4th day, that's ALWAYS my really bad day. Atleast we know my bad day and can plan around that. I'm mostly craving McDonald's cheeseburgers and homemade nachos. I didn't throw up once this time so that was nice, felt like I was going to many times.
My lips are always on fire and dry. They get really tingly if I try to eat salsa or anything spicy. I try to avoid that at all costs.
I'm happy about 95% of the time during chemo and my sick day. I just try to remember it'll be over in a few days, then I'll build my strength up and feel good for a week and then I'm down again. I just try to remember It's only a few more months, I can do this!
My mom, sister and her kids are all coming mid October and I can't wait! I'll have a few good days with them and then I'm off to chemo! So they'll get to see how sick and tired I get. But I think they'll take my mind off of things. Then the weekend of Oct 22nd, we're headed to Arizona for my benefit dinner/auction that was postponed. Then Nov. 7th-13th I get to go to Arizona for Mimi's wedding!!!! I can't wait for this! I'm dying to get there and help set things up! I am so sad I'm not there to help plan and go shopping for a dress and decoration items! Once I get back from the wedding I'll have 2 treatments left!!!! I'm gonna be all better for Christmas!
My hair continues to fall out, I'll have a mullet or a culdesac hair due soon! I just might be bald by the time I'm done. Oh well, It'll grow back. Guess it's kinda the last of my worries...still don't want it to happen though.
Chemo brain continues to exsist unfortunately.
Thanks again for everyone's love and support, we truly appreciate it! Once I'm better we'll be paying it forward!

1 comment:

Kyle said...

Yay for halfway!!! You look fabulous!